- We admitted we were powerless over the compulsive avoidance of intimacy - that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being our character liabilities and assets
- Were entirely ready to have God remove these habits of deprivation.
- Humbly asked God to remove our patterns of avoidance.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take a balanced personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God’s will for us and the power to carry it out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all areas of our lives.OTC Closing StatementIn closing I would like to say that the opinions expressed here were strictly those of the person who gave them. Take what you liked and leave the rest.The things you heard were spoken in confidence and should be treated as confidential; please keep them within the confines of your mind.A few words to those who haven’t been with us long: Whatever your perceived weaknesses may be, if you keep an open mind, they can, in time, be transformed into strengths and assets. Alchemy is a distinct possibility when you work this program with honesty and willingness.Talk to each other, reason things out with someone else but let there be no gossip or criticism of one another. Instead, let the understanding, love and peace of the program grow in you one day at a time.Will all that care to join me in Serenity prayer.
Open To Change Preamble,12 Steps and Closing Statement
11/2/13 All rights reserved 2013 Open To Change Fellowship.
Open To Change Preamble
Open to Change is a fellowship of individuals who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common challenges with relationships and help others to recover from the compulsive avoidance of intimacy.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to replace deprivation with abundance in the areas of love, intimacy and relationships. There are no dues or fees for OTC membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. OTC is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
In OTC we focus on our part in relationships, we seek balance rather than control and we focus on solutions rather than problems.
Our primary purpose is to grow in intimacy, to become more fully present with other people, and to help others to achieve the same growth.
12 Steps of Open To Change